Well, as far as health is concerned it is vital as humans to keep on tracking our diets. While this is not an easy thing to adapt and to respect doing for most people it is cool to learn so either through keeping used of various free food tracking diet journals or diary. But if you may find track recording using this manual self-propelled tools unfavorable you may as well opt to look for a food coaching coach through the online available portals but it is good to note that this mostly comes at an added cost. Tracking diet is a very essential aspect as far as health improvements and goals are concerned such as weight loss, staying fit and living a quality life. To be able to get a clear picture of this topic it is precisely discussed in the following sections.
Some of the Best benefits of Tracking Diet
Tracking diet is a very key issue as far as we struggle with nutrition, cravings and various health-related issues. The following as some of the benefits that come along with nutrition tracking:
1. It is essential towards enhancing weight loss
Most people often don’t take much care about what they eat at most times thus end up having cravings and develop overweight. This is attributed to the fact that of the people most don’t have food journals thus end up eating unhealthy food or only concentrate on foods that contain high calories such as excess amounts of carbohydrates. Having a diet tracking journal is very critical towards cleaning up this mess as it helps a person to be more aware of what they are eating hence keep on alternating the food they intake to reduce boredom. Research is done by various scholars such as Kaiser Permanante in the year 2008 found out that people who tracked their diet were able to lose twice as many pounds of weight than when they didn’t.
2. It enables a person to have healthy food intake
Tracking diet enables a person to be able to have proper eating habits has it helps a person to be able to be aware of the things that they are missing in their diets such as proteins, vitamins, water or other food nutrients. Having a food journal is a very educative tool as it enables a person to either reduce or increase the intake of some foods and in the process being beneficial as far as healthy living is concerned.
3. It unburdens dieting
According to research done by various scholars, it has been established that those people who were practicing diet tracking for quite some time produced a positive result as compared to those who were involved in calorie restriction regimes. With dieting a person usually, lose weight and then gains back this is contrary as compared to practicing a healthy lifestyle through diet tracking mechanisms. This enables a person to be able to manage the various anxiety disorders steered up by issues such as bad moods or feeling hungry.
4. Diet tracking enhances accountability
This is possible as it is like being your nutrition coach. You keep track of what you eat as far as your goals are concerned thus always strive to achieve them through proper monitoring of food intake.
5. Essential in promoting healthy habits
Nutrition tracking enables a person to be able to live within the desired calories ranges thus in the process enables a person to develop healthy eating habits as a person can to be more selective as far as the list of foods eaten is concerned. This criterion matures with time thus enabling a person to be on track about diet.
6. Diet tracking enables a person to be more equipped with great data
This is good because a person can be able to have information about calories and the other nutrition requirements as far as nutrition is concerned as a person can avail the necessary nutrients required by the body for various functions.
7. There is always improved motivation to exercise and reaching health targets
With diet tracking a person focuses on calorie intake which ultimately propels a person to be able to be involved in exercises that stimulate calories burning. This enables people to be very careful about the food choices they make as they exercise as drinking more water instead of consuming sugary foodstuffs to an energy boost.
People also are in a pole position to be able to reach health goals such as staying fit as they are more accountable to what they eat and do as time goes by.
8. It enables a person to eat balanced meals
Having a list of foods in a person’s diary enables a person to be aware to get attention if he/she needs a variety of certain types of food. It enables a person to backtrack the important macronutrients needed for healthy growth and development of the body for effective functioning such as carbohydrates, fats, and proteins.
Composition of A Balanced Meal
When talking about diet tracking it is very crucial to be to know what we are tracking as far as nutrition is concerned. To have a balanced meal the meal must contain a substantial portion of the various macro-nutrients such as proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins, and fats without forgetting other micro-nutrients such as mineral salts. These foods are briefly described below:
- Carbohydrates; a balanced meal contains control portion of starchy foods such as rice, potatoes, and most grains such as wheat. These foods are very essential towards proving the body with the energy boost required for proper body functioning.
- Proteins; proteins are a key component of the nutrient requirement by the body as they are essential in bodybuilding as well as repairing the worn-out body tissues and cells. These nutrients are found mostly in animal products such as meat, fish and other plant legumes such as nuts, beans, and others.
- Vitamins; nutritionists recommend that a person is required to take about 5 portions of vegetables and fruits daily to brag having consumed a good quantity of vitamins. These foods are very vital as they enhance appetite as well as protecting the body against various diseases such as hypertension.
Methods for Tracking Diet
The following are some of the methods commonly used in diet tracking:
- Using applications; this involves a person downloading applications in their electronic handsets and computers such as Lose it, Noom, and Myfitnesspal. These apps are used in enabling the recipients to track the food they eat and also exercise rates.
- Online programs; a person can register and login in online available portals where he/she can get the breakdown of the daily nutrients that encompasses major foods such as proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins, fats, and others. Such programs are found in websites such as DaVita Diet Helper.
- Another method of diet tracking is manually writing in a diary; here a person can keep track of the daily eaten food so as not to be able to forget.
- Using a hunger scale is also among the diet tracking methods available; where the scale ranges from 0 to 10 where the preferred range is 4 to 6. A person is required to eat when the scale it’s at 4 and stop immediately when it hits at the 6th mark. With this, a person can guard what’s entering his/her mouth.
Diet tracking is a very essential component as far as health is concerned as most people are concerned about how they can deal with cravings and other health goals. It is very essential to be aware of the various benefits that come along with diet tracking such as helping in weight loss, managing anxiety disorder, being accountable as far as health is concerned and many more as discussed in detail above. A balanced meal is also an issue of concerned that should be monitored as far as diet tracking is concerned and a person as to strive to eat a controlled portion of the core nutritive elements. Everybody is also free to use either of the various available diet tracking methods to achieve the various health goals and targets. Keep good diet tracking to stay healthy!